Engagement vs. Sales on Social Media – Do You Need Both?
“Adding an engagement strategy can easily quadruple your sales, compared to focusing on sales alone.”
Engagement is the big buzzword around social media, but do we need engagement if all we really want is sales?
You can probably get sales on social media without engagement, but it will cost you a LOT more time and/or money.
But when you combine engagement with sales, the results are exponential. In other words, if you take one part engagement and add it to one part sales, you’ll end up with 3-4 times as many sales as you would without any engagement.
In this episode of Social Media for Streamlined Entrepreneurs I’m sharing 3 reasons why engagement helps drive sales.
And if you’re struggling to get your audience engaged, I’m sharing 3 of my favorite ways to get them commenting.
In this episode:
- [01:18] Is engagement important on social media or can we just get sales?
- [02:02] Engagement helps you build a relationship before asking them to buy.
- [04:29] An early mistake I made in my business.
- [05:36] Engagement creates conversations around your product or service
- [07:19] Engagement is the best way to maximize your reach on social media.
- [10:20] 3 easy ways to increase engagement.
- [13:28] Our community #WIN Of The Week where Michelle Tayler, who said she was petrified about doing Facebook Lives, has now gotten comfortable enough to face an audience of 10,000 ideal clients!
Get 40-50 Powerful Content Ideas For Your Business
If your posts aren't driving sales as much as you'd like, join me for Content Camp 2022!
I'll teach you my Profitable Posting Framework to show you what to post where everything you put up leads to sales.
You'll walk away with 40-50 powerful content ideas, customized to drives sales in YOUR business.
GET YOUR SPOT IN CONTENT CAMP 2022
Links & resources from this episode
Is YouTube A Social Network?
My business as a social media coach and educator was built on YouTube, but is YouTube a social network? It’s probably a matter of opinion, but I want to explain why you shouldn’t think of it as a social network, and how you should approach it instead to get the best results for your business.
Pros and Cons Of A Facebook Business Page
Facebook Business Pages offer almost everything you can do on social media, but they do some things REALLY well, and others terribly. Let’s break down the Pros and Cons of a Facebook Business Page.