Why Copying Social Media Strategies Doesn’t Work
“The reasons someone is successful on social media isn’t always visible to us. No business is thriving because they posted at 10:03am.”
Have you ever tried to copy what someone else was doing on social media, and it failed?
And if you’re like me, you may have blamed yourself. “I’m just not as good as them.” 😕
But it’s NOT your fault it failed, and in this episode I’m going to break down 4 key reasons we fail when copying someone else’s strategy, as well as how to get around them.
In this episode:
- [02:38] Reason #1 copying social media strategies doesn’t work is we can only see part of what they are doing. Jerry shares how to get around this.
- [05:46] Reason #2 is you’re not them and they aren’t you.
- [09:06] Reason #3 is you and the person you are copying are in different places, in more ways than one.
- [11:29] Reason #4 is what worked for them before may not work anymore, even for them! This applies when someone in your industry is teaching you how they grew.
- [13:58] Our community #WIN Of The Week where Brian Wild is having record months of revenue!
Engagement is the big buzzword around social media, but do we need engagement if all we really want is sales? The short answer is yes, but in this episode I’m sharing 3 reasons why engagement is so powerful so you can decide if it’s important for your business.
Is Social Media the best place to market your business? Sometimes it’s not, and in this podcast episode I’m going to share 3 questions to consider when making the best choice for your business.