Is YouTube A Social Network?
“Technically it is a matter of opinion, but if you are using YouTube to market your business, you should NOT think of it as a social network.”
If you are a business owner using YouTube to reach customers and clients, this episode will help you understand how to approach YouTube to maximize your results and revenue.
There is lots of debate over whether YouTube is a social network or not, but no matter what we call it, you shouldn’t think of it as a social network.
If you are using YouTube to market your business, you should think about it as a search engine, just like a blog or Pinterest (yup, that one too!).
Anyone who keeps using YouTube the same way they use Facebook or Instagram is going to waste a lot of valuable time not getting great results.
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
- Why you shouldn’t think of YouTube as a social network
- Why is YouTube good for marketing a business?
- YouTube’s #1 strength compared to traditional social networks
- Why it is so much harder to build relationships on YouTube
- The one type of business that CAN use YouTube like a social network
Want to streamline your social media?
“Posting & Hoping” is not an effective (or sustainable) social media strategy. Join me for 3 Secrets To A Streamlined Social Media Strategy to start narrowing your focus and increasing your results.
This training is free, but registration is required so grab your slot here.
Links & Resources
- Episode 5: Is Social Media The Best Place To Market Your Business?
- Episode 8: Choosing the best social network for your business
- Episode 14: How To Deal With Complaints On Social Media
- Get the Profitable Pages & Profiles Workshop (special discount podcast listeners with that link)
- Submit a question to be answered on the podcast
Share why you enjoyed the podcast in a review so I can create more episodes like this one (and to make my Tiny Superheroes light up)
Get 40-50 Powerful Content Ideas For Your Business
If your posts aren't driving sales as much as you'd like, join me for Content Camp 2022!
I'll teach you my Profitable Posting Framework to show you what to post where everything you put up leads to sales.
You'll walk away with 40-50 powerful content ideas, customized to drives sales in YOUR business.
I always laugh when people ask me, “When did you know you wanted your own business?” I DIDN’T! The success of Five Minute Social Media was a complete accident. In this episode I’m sharing my unlikely story, as well as the simple thing that enabled me to go from Fired to Freedom.
Why Wordle Became A Social Media Phenomenon"Anticipation is a powerful mental trigger simply because we want what we can't have. And you can use that in your business."Whether you played the game Wordle or not, if you spend any time on Facebook it probably filled your...