Is YouTube A Social Network?
“Technically it is a matter of opinion, but if you are using YouTube to market your business, you should NOT think of it as a social network.”
If you are a business owner using YouTube to reach customers and clients, this episode will help you understand how to approach YouTube to maximize your results and revenue.
There is lots of debate over whether YouTube is a social network or not, but no matter what we call it, you shouldn’t think of it as a social network.
If you are using YouTube to market your business, you should think about it as a search engine, just like a blog or Pinterest (yup, that one too!).
Anyone who keeps using YouTube the same way they use Facebook or Instagram is going to waste a lot of valuable time not getting great results.
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
- Why you shouldn’t think of YouTube as a social network
- Why is YouTube good for marketing a business?
- YouTube’s #1 strength compared to traditional social networks
- Why it is so much harder to build relationships on YouTube
- The one type of business that CAN use YouTube like a social network
Want to streamline your social media?
“Posting & Hoping” is not an effective (or sustainable) social media strategy. Join me for 3 Secrets To A Streamlined Social Media Strategy to start narrowing your focus and increasing your results.
This training is free, but registration is required so grab your slot here.
Links & Resources
- Episode 5: Is Social Media The Best Place To Market Your Business?
- Episode 8: Choosing the best social network for your business
- Episode 14: How To Deal With Complaints On Social Media
- Get the Profitable Pages & Profiles Workshop (special discount podcast listeners with that link)
- Submit a question to be answered on the podcast
Share why you enjoyed the podcast in a review so I can create more episodes like this one (and to make my Tiny Superheroes light up)
Join thousands of fellow entrepreneurs who receive my daily social media marketing tips direct to their email inbox for free.
We’re not savages- You can quickly unsubscribe from these if they ever stop being helpful.
Follow or subscribe to The Six Ways in your favorite podcasting app:
#13: 6 Ways To Improve The Next Thing You Launch with Chelsie Hayes"My honest to God thought was like, oh, my God, I'm going to die." You can Watch or Listen to this episode: https://the6ways.com/13 Whether you’re launching something...
#12: 6 Ways Businesses Can Start Growing On TikTok with Penny Walker "My honest to God thought was like, oh, my God, I'm going to die." If you are intimidated about getting started marketing on TikTok, you are not alone! In this episode...